Table of Contents
The attic makes a wonderful storage area for holiday decorations, high school memorabilia, family heirlooms, unused furniture, and seasonal attire. Every attic has a maximum capacity, when reached additional storage is no longer an option. Experts do not recommend storing some items for more than a few weeks, not months or years. Clothing, bed linen, stuffed animals, mattresses, and box springs are just a few examples. Not only do these items turn into clutter over a few weeks, but also, they become harbors for pests, such as rats, mice, bed bugs, dust mites, and spiders.
How Our Residential Attic Cleanout Service Works?
Our attic cleanout utilizes state-of-the-art equipment, personal safety gear, and large trucks to remove stored items to a landfill, recycling center, or waste transfer facility. There are two options available when it comes to attic cleanout. These options include do-it-yourself and professional like our junk removal.
Why wait until your attic reaches maximum capacity when our attic cleanout services are economical, reliable, and accessible? Our attic cleanout strategies are customized to ensure cost-efficiency. The entire cleanout process is broken down into steps:
- The removal team arrives at the home and greets the owner
- A member of the cleanout team explains the attic cleanout process to the client
- The team access and prepare the attic for the cleanout
- Stored items are placed in containers to be transported to the work trucks
- Once all items are removed from the attic, cleaning will begin
- The attic is thoroughly cleaned before the cleanout team exits the home from the final time
After exiting the client’s property, the attic cleanout team transports the truckload of junk to an approved landfill or waste transfer station.
What Do Our Removal Experts Say About Attic Cleanout?
As previously mentioned, vulnerable items should not be stored for more than a few months at a time. When placed in vacuum-sealed bags, items designed from fabric, such as silk, twill, cotton, polyester, linen, and Viscose, can safely be stored away for up to 2 years. Vacuum-sealed storage bags protect stored items from dust mites, mice, crickets, termites, cockroaches, beetles, and silverfish. However, there is still the question of where to store these items.
When your attic is maxed out, a cleanout is the only available option. An attic cleanout can make space for your latest winter or summer wardrobe, upholstered furniture, and other items.
Experts recommend homeowners clean out their attics at least bi-annually. The lack of manpower, a truck or other transportation vehicle, and time should not prevent you from cleaning out your attic. If you lack all these necessities, we recommend our professional attic cleanout.
Benefits Of An Attic Cleanout
- Makes additional storage space
- Eliminates items damaged by years of exposure to dust, insects, rodents, and other elements
- Improves air quality in the attic
- Makes way for home improvement projects
- Declutters the attic
- Helps fight pest infestation
How To Know When Your Attic Is Ready For A Cleanout?
It is important, homeowners and tenants know when it is time to clean out their attics. While it should be no big surprise when your attic reaches maximum capacity, the clutter can go unnoticed because it is hidden from view.
- Foul odor coming from the attic
- Moths, cockroaches, and mice coming and going from the attic
- Stored items are no longer functional or usable
- Items are spilling out into other areas of the home
- Mold growth is detected on walls and ceilings
- All stored items are covered in dust and cobwebs
DIY Attic Cleaning
It is possible to clean an attic even though it is filled with storage boxes. If the attic capacity is maxed out, we can help remove part or all the items to make room for a thorough cleaning. Do-it-yourself attic cleaning does not need to be time-consuming, difficult, or require special equipment. With the tips provided below, your attic will be spic and span in no time flat.
- Start by moving all items to the right or left side of the attic
- Vacuum the empty space before cleaning
- Wipe down walls, storage containers, shelves, and other fixtures utilized for storage
- Mop floors with a special cleaner and allow to air dry before moving forward to the next step
- Implement a pest treatment place if rodents or insects are detected during the process
- Move stored items to the opposite side of the attic
- Repeat the steps above as often as necessary until your attic is spotless
It is also a good idea to assess your storage items to ensure they are in good condition. Damaged items should be removed from the attic and placed in a junk pile for the trash service.
Do not hesitate to take advantage of our free attic cleanout consultation and inspection services.
Neaten Up Your Attic Storage
Updating your attic storage system will make a major improvement in the organization of all stored items. We recommend plastic storage containers with resealable lids instead of cardboard boxes, which will deteriorate over time.
Our Service Areas
Twin-Lake, Nashville, Stanton, Fennville, Douglas, Saugatuck, Muskegon, Woodland, Allegan, Sidney, Coral, Macatawa, Ionia, Martin, Ferrysburg, Lake-Odessa, Hastings, Trufant, Orleans, Cloverdale, Spring-Lake, Grand-Haven, Pierson, Grant, Fruitport, Shelbyville, Hamilton, Holland, Bradley, Gowen, West-Olive, Greenville, Eureka, Sand-Lake, Smyrna, Bailey, Hopkins, Saranac, Nunica, Belding, Ravenna, Freeport, Clarksville, Middleville, Casnovia, Burnips, Wayland, Zeeland, Salem, Kent-City, Cedar-Springs, Dorr, Coopersville, Lowell, Moline, Alto, Allendale, Conklin, Sparta, Jamestown, Caledonia, Lamont, Hudsonville, Cannonsburg, Rockford, Byron-Center, Marne, Jenison, Belmont, Ada, Comstock-Park, Grandville.
Zip Code We Service
49599, 49588, 49560, 49555, 49550, 49548, 49546, 49544, 49530, 49525, 49518, 49523, 49516, 49515, 49514, 49512, 49510, 49508, 49509, 49507, 49506, 49505, 49504, 49503, 49502, 49501, 49468, 49464, 49460, 49457, 49456, 49453, 49451, 49448, 49444, 49443, 49442, 49440, 49435, 49434, 49429, 49430, 49428, 49427, 49426, 49424, 49423, 49422, 49419, 49418, 49417, 49415, 49409, 49408, 49406, 49404, 49403, 49401, 49357, 49356, 49355, 49351, 49348, 49347, 49345, 49344, 49343, 49341, 49339, 49335, 49333, 49331, 49330, 49328, 49327, 49326, 49325, 49323, 49322, 49321, 49319, 49318, 49317, 49316, 49315, 49314, 49311, 49306, 49303, 49302, 49301, 49073, 49070, 49058, 49035, 49010, 48897, 48888, 48887, 48885, 48881, 48865, 48849, 48846, 48838, 48833, 48815, 48809, 48175.