Table of Contents
Although pianos are great when they’re working well, getting rid of one will be incredibly tough. If this is something you’re dealing with, count on us. Our junk removal services are great for disposing of pianos and other musical instruments.
We’ll Get Rid Of Pianos
Our junk experts are happy to dispose of pianos and other musical instruments. When you’re ready to dispose of the item, call our office. We’ll take the item from your home and take it elsewhere. Depending on your preferences, we’ll take it to a recycling center, donation facility, or elsewhere.
We Make It Easy To Dispose Of Your Piano
Disposing of a piano can be difficult because the piano is heavy and bulky. Handling it on your own won’t be easy. It is easier to let our professionals handle it. We’ll lift it up, carry it out of your home, and take it with us. Call us to get started right now.
Ways To Get Rid Of Broken Pianos
There are numerous ways to dispose of pianos. Just remember that you can’t put it down by the curb. Your trashman likely won’t take it. Instead, you can try the methods below.
- Try to fix the piano. If it isn’t severely damaged, it can likely be repaired.
- Find out if your local trash company will take it for you.
- Check the charities in your area because one of them might take it.
- Call and schedule an appointment with us.
If you want us to take it, make sure we can easily move through your home.
Donating Or Recycling An Old Piano
You can try disposing of the piano, but it is often better to donate or recycle it. Doing so guarantee that someone is going to benefit in the long run. Remember that certain groups in your area may take it. Besides nonprofit organizations, you can also try giving the piano to a school, retirement center, or social group. Give it to someone who will put it to good use.
You can likely recycle the piano once it has been taken apart. Pianos contain wood, screws, cast iron, steel wire, and other materials. These materials can be used for other purposes. Therefore, you should take the piano to a local recycling center. You can let us do it for you.
Dismantling Your Old Piano
- Start by opening the lid and finding out what is inside.
- Next, unscrew the deck and expose the harp.
- Remove the screws located on the cover.
- Begin removing the lower cover or the component that holds the pedals.
- Once you’ve loosened the screws, you can remove the top lid.
- Then, start focusing on removing the muffler felt on the hammers.
- Take the bracket apart so you can remove the action.
- You can begin removing the keys by pulling them upward.
- Take the tension from each string so they can be removed safely.
- Remove the piano’s key bed.
- You may need to lay it down to stop it from falling.
- Get rid of the side supports.
- Lastly, you can take out the harp piano.